In today’s times, we know how important the work life balance is and being able to work in an environment that supports this. At Southend we are able to provide that support for relocation to our local area and also a wide range of flexible working opportunities.
Being the only NHS Trust in the UK to enjoy local terms and
conditions we have the ability to offer a competitive market salary
dependent on experience. Click here to read our
local terms and conditions.
- Career and pay progression based on the application of
knowledge and skills.
- Annual personal development review to support career
- Excellent children's day nursery with preferential rates for
- The Trust operates a policy of allowing all staff, except
doctors, the option to buy or sell some annual leave entitlement,
dependent upon certain conditions being met.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Subsidised bus tickets.
- Free life insurance (as part of the pension scheme)
- Library, the education centre library is available
to all Trust staff. A range of services and resources are
offered. The library's main stock consists of books and journals
that support study, research and patient care.
- Salary sacrifice car scheme, an employee benefit which lets you
drive away a brand new, fully-maintained and insured car for three
Other benefits of working with Southend include :
- Training, Southend Hospital is committed to offering
development and learning opportunities for all full-time and
part-time staff. No matter where you start within the Trust you'll
have access to extra training and be given every opportunity to
progress within the organisation. You will receive an annual
personal development review and development plan to support your
- Occupational health services including a staff counselling
service, reflexology and therapeutic massage
- Automatic membership of the NHS pension scheme and study leave
for sponsored courses.
Join the NHS pension scheme
Every new employee automatically becomes a member and you will
get an excellent package of pension benefits, fully protected
against inflation and guaranteed by the government. For more
details see the NHS Pensions website.
The NHS discounts scheme (www.healthservicediscounts.com)
allows you access to numerous discounts from flowers and gifts to
days out. For example, 20% off for NHS employees and their families
at Thorpe Park and other Tussaud's theme parks and attractions.
To find out more about Southend as a place to live and
work, please see the Visit Southend website,