Temporary working with Southend
The Central Bank Team (CBT) is passionate about providing comprehensive, efficient and cost effective temporary staffing solutions to the Trust through the CBT register.
The team co-ordinate the allocation of all bank staff and agency
staff in response to the needs of the Trust's clinical services.
Working with the central bank team offers a flexible way of
working, with both ad hoc and longer, full-time bookings available.
You could work for a day here and there, for a week or for a number
Many of our bank workers find temporary working to be more
suitable to their lifestyle and needs. Bank working could be your
main method of working or a secondary role. We have hundreds of
bank workers who have substantive posts within our
There are many varied reasons for becoming a bank worker. These
- The need for flexible working arrangements to achieve a
better work-life balance.
- The desire to gradually return to work after a break.
- The wish to work in an area where there
are currently no permanent vacancies.
- Wanting to earn some extra money.
- The aspiration to gain more skills and experience.
- The wish to experience working for Southend University Hospital
NHS Foundation Trust without committing to a permanent post.
- Relocating from another part of the country / world and wanting
to see if Southend Hospital is the right place for you.
Benefits of working on the bank
As a member of Southend NHS Trust Bank you will:
- Have access to a diverse range of roles.
- Be able to work full or part time.
- Be treated as an internal applicant if you want to apply for
permanent jobs with us.
- Have access to a number of discounts and benefits, including
the NHS pensions scheme.
- Have access to occupational health services.
- Annual Leave: As work is not guaranteed and is flexible you do
not need to book annual leave days. You will however be
entitled to Annual Leave pay of one hour for every 8.5 (on average)
hours that you work. This will be paid automatically into
your salary every month.
- Have access to training opportunities
Please click the link below to view the temporary positions
which are currently available.