Macmillan Information and Support Centre
The Macmillan Information & Support Centre is based on the ground floor of the Tower Block at Southend University NHS Hospital.
We offer support to anybody affected by cancer from diagnosis through treatment and beyond..
You may have cancer yourself, care for a friend or relative, work as a health care professional or simply want to know more about cancer.
Come and see us between 09:00 - 16:00
or call us on 01702 385101
or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can now find us on Facebook
Here at the centre, we can provide
- A quiet and relaxed space for you to come and sit.
- Literature on all aspects of living with cancer, in a variety
- Opportunity to discuss cancer treatments, side-effects and
other related issues.
- Support and the opportunity to talk to someone confidentially
in a private, comfortable quiet room.
- Access to counselling and referral to other support
- Referral to welfare and benefits advice services
- Wellbeing programme to help you better manage your
condition and the impact it has on your life
- Information can also be provided over the telephone or via
Friederike Englund is the Macmillan Information and
Support Manager who is supported by two nurses, Nicola Russell
and Francesca Wreba-Jaworska and a team of volunteers, who have
received specialist training.